Subject: git merge branch --no-commit does commit fast forward merges

From: Christoph Paulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 23:10:51 +0200

Hi Git Mailinglist, 

git merge branch --no-commit does commit fast forward merges 
leaving users no way to change the merge results. The command only 
works as expected when also adding the --no-ff flag. Looking at 
the help text of the --no-commit flag I think that this might be a 
unintended. 

I've tested this on git 2.8.0.

This bug was first reported to magit 
(https://github.com/magit/magit/issues/2620) whose maintainer then 
suggested that it might be a git bug.

Best regards,
Christoph

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------
Christoph Paulik
Twitter, Github: @cpaulik
PGP: 8CFC D7DF 2867 B2DC 749B  1B0A 6E3B A262 5186 A0AC