Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] Fix contrib/credentials/netrc minor issues: exit quietly; use 3-parameter open; etc.

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 13:41:23 -0500

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 09:27:46 -0800 Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote: 

JCH> Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Signed-off-by: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>> contrib/credential/netrc/git-credential-netrc |   38 +++++++++++++------------
>> 1 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

JCH> Especially because this is an initial submission, please equash
JCH> three patches into one, instead of sending three "here is my first
JCH> attempt with many problems I know I do not want to be there", "one
JCH> small improvement", "another one to fix remaining issues".

JCH> Otherwise you will waste reviewers' time, getting distracted by
JCH> undesirable details they find in an earlier patch while reviewing,
JCH> without realizing that some of them are fixed in a later one.

OK, thanks.  I wasn't sure, since Jeff already reviewed it, if it was
better to squash or not.  Ignore this same question in my other reply to
you, and thanks for your patience.

Ted