Subject: Flattr for Git donations (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git in the SFC)

From: "Bradley M. Kuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:09:42 -0500

Erik Faye-Lund wrote at 20:02 (EST) on Thursday:

> I see there's donation-buttons for google checkout and paypal. Would
> it be possible to donate through flattr also?

Yes, I've been looking into flattr in the last two weeks.  I'm trying to
figure out a way for flattr to allow a "master account" so that each of
Conservancy's member projects can have its own and the funds all come to
Conservancy, properly routed for each project.

If Flattr doesn't support that 'master account' idea, what I'll do is
make a separate flattr account for each of Conservancy's member
projects.  Hopefully, that can be done yet have all the banking
information be the same.

I'll experiment more with this over the weekend and into early next
week.  I'll report to the Conservancy Git Committee (which is currently
Jeff, Junio, and Shawn) on what I discover and how we can make it work.

Anyway, I'll find a way to do it, one way or the other.  Flattr has
become a very popular way to donate to FLOSS projects and Conservancy
therefore needs to support it.

BTW, to reiterate what Jeff mentioned in his post, if anyone ever has any
questions about Git's membership in Conservancy, just email
<[email-masked]>.  That alias reaches both me and the Conservancy
Git Committee simultaneously.
-- 
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy