Subject: Re: StGit patchname numeric prefix?

From: Jamie Border <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:31:56 +0100

Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jamie Border <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Is there a switch to have stgit prepend a numeric prefix to the
>> patch name?
>>
>> I'm trying to stg uncommit -n <large_number> from a repository, and
>> due to the excellent log messages, half of the patches get called
>> 'empty-log-message'.
>>
>> I'm sure when I played with stg a while ago I found a switch to do
>> that.
>
> It automatically adds a suffix if a patch with the same name already
> exists, i.e. empty-log-message-0, -1, ..., -n. No extra switch is
> needed.
>
> What StGIT version are you using?

0.11, which doesn't do that <g>.

Just changed to 0.12, which works great.

Many thanks, saved me hours and hours :-)

Jamie

> -- 
> Catalin