Subject: Re: changing the experimental 'git switch'

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:27:00 +0300

martin <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 22/10/2021 16:24, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

[...]

>>> If 2 letters could be used, then -c could be given twice for "create copy"
>>> -c  => create
>>> -c -c  => create copy
>>> -cc  => create copy
>> Hrm, that's interesting. But probably better to have a long-option.
> Well, both: Long and short. But long is --copy or --create-copy.
> The issue is finding a short option. -cc imho is still short.

No -cc or --cc, please! -cc is not single option, it's -c -c in a line,
and you will then have hard time to even describe -c.

--cc would be a point of confusion as well, e.g., see "git log --cc".

BTW, is it frequent enough operation to even demand something shorter
than --copy?

Thanks,
-- Sergey Organov