Subject: Re: [PATCH 12/16] test-lib: modernize test_create_repo() function

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 13:40:53 +0200

On Mon, Apr 12 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>  4. We don't need to move .git/hooks out of the way.
>
> It might be unsafe to assume that we'd never have an
> 'enabled-by-default' hook in blt/ template directory forever,
> though.

I would think that if we injected run-by-default hooks into the
top-level repo creation any such breakage in the test suite would be a
feature, i.e. we'd want to see and adjust for the breakage, because
surely the same sort of breakage would occur in the wild.

FWIW I've got some WIP local patches for the "just ship a README in
hooks/":
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

>From memory the cumultive footprint of foot a -d run on the whole test
suite is on the order of ~1GB, and ~100MB is just the hooks over and
over again...