Subject: Re: [PATCH] upload-pack: turn on uploadpack.allowAnySHA1InWant=true

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 23:57:50 +0100

On Mon, Dec 17 2018, David Turner wrote:

> Overall, I like this. One nit:

Thanks for the review!

> On December 17, 2018 5:16:25 PM EST, "Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>--- a/upload-pack.c
>>+++ b/upload-pack.c
>>@@ -54,7 +54,8 @@ static int no_progress, daemon_mode;
>> #define ALLOW_REACHABLE_SHA1	02
>>/* Allow request of any sha1. Implies ALLOW_TIP_SHA1 and
>>ALLOW_REACHABLE_SHA1. */
>> #define ALLOW_ANY_SHA1	07
>>-static unsigned int allow_unadvertised_object_request;
>>+static unsigned int allow_unadvertised_object_request = (
>>+	ALLOW_TIP_SHA1 | ALLOW_REACHABLE_SHA1 | ALLOW_ANY_SHA1);
>
> ALLOW_ANY_SHA1 already includes the other two.

FWIW (and maybe I made the wrong call, and have no preference realy) I
opted for this as part of "this change doesn't do any of the hard work
of extracting the now-dead ALLOW_[...]*.

I.e. the diff context I had doesn't show all the ALLOW_* values, and
with the context given it might be easier for reviewers to look no
further than "this is what you'd get before if all
uploadpack.allow.*SHA1InWant was true".