Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Dec 2018, #01; Sun, 9)

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 22:50:23 +0100

On Mon, Dec 10 2018, Elijah Newren wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 12:42 AM Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Git 2.20 has been tagged.  I'd expect that we would slow down to see
>> how stable it is and queue only the brown-paper-bag fixes for a week
>> or so, before opening the tree for the next cycle, rewinding the tip
>> of 'next', etc.
>
> Does this mean you'd prefer we continue to wait a little longer before
> sending in new series and re-rolls, or just that you are managing
> expectations about when they might be queued?
>
> (Just curious whether I should submit my rebase-merge-on-sequencer
> re-roll or continue waiting.  I'm happy to do whatever is more
> convenient for others.)

Related; Junio: I've submitted a few things in the last 2-3 weeks which
I knew weren't making it into 2.20, but I just wanted to kick out the
door as I had them ready. Things which are not noted in this "What's
Cooking".

I'm fine with re-submitting those once 2.21 picks up, but don't want to
needlessly spam if your plan is to circle around and pick up those
things you were (rightly) ignoring during the RC period.