Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Apr 2018, #02; Tue, 17)

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 14:52:22 +0300

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>
> * js/rebase-recreate-merge (2018-04-11) 15 commits
[...]
>  "git rebase" learned "--rebase-merges" to transplant the whole
>  topology of commit graph elsewhere.
>
>  This looked more or less ready for 'next'.  Please stop me if there
>  are remaining issues I forgot about.

It seems this is currently in inconsistent state. Despite the new name
of the option, it still doesn't rebase merges. It rather recreates them
from scratch, and Johannes is hopefully still working on implementation
of proper rebasing.

In addition, for what it's worth, I'm cooking a review of the problems
of the suggested UI. I believe the UI of this new feature is seriously
mis- and/or under- developed and is not suitable as is for the core Git.

-- Sergey