Subject: Re: Pull is Mostly Evil

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 21:37:25 +0200

David Lang <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, 2 May 2014, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> It's just when the merge-left/merge-right/rebase-left/rebase-right
>> decision kicks in that prescribing one git-pull behavior looks like a
>> recipe for trouble.
>
> confusion at least. It's not fatal confusion, people have been using
> it for years after all.

It's one of the most frequent causes for educating newcomers what they
have been doing wrong in the LilyPond project.  Including the occasional
blunder from experienced people who did not notice that they got a
non-ff merge as a mergeday present.

It's one of the main things putting new contributors on edge and causing
anxiety about messing up again.

-- 
David Kastrup