Subject: Re: Make the git codebase thread-safe

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:38:50 +0100

Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am 2/12/2014 20:30, schrieb Stefan Zager:
>> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Karsten Blees <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Am 12.02.2014 19:37, schrieb Erik Faye-Lund:
>>>> ReOpenFile, that's fantastic. Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>> ...but should be loaded dynamically via GetProcAddress, or are we
>>> ready to drop XP support?
>> 
>> Right, that is an issue.  From our perspective, it's well past time to
>> drop XP support.
>
> Not from mine.

XP has not even reached end of life yet.  As a point of comparison,
there are tensions on the Emacs developer list several times a decade
because some people suggest it might be time to drop the MSDOS port
and/or the associated restriction of having filenames be unique in the
8+3 naming scheme.

-- 
David Kastrup