Subject: Re: Why Is There No Bug Tracker And Why Are Patches Sent Instead Of Pull Requests

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 12:29:31 +0100

Andrew Ardill <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have set up a JIRA instance using Atlassian's OnDemand service,
> available at https://git-scm.atlassian.net/
[...]
> As I see it (and Junio has mentioned before) we are going to need
> people who are able to manage the issues in this system

Note that you are not the first one to try.  The most elaborate plan and
writeup that I know of sits at

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/136500  [1]

Jan "jast" Krüger also mentioned server issues today, so *.jk.gs is
presumably down because of that, not because gitbugs.jk.gs is no longer
valid.

Nevertheless, AFAIK it has never been used for "real work", so you may
want to look into why that happened, and do something different.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch