Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] http: authenticate on NTLM proxies and others suppported, by CuRL

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:32:33 +0100

Nelson Benitez Leon <[email-masked]> writes:

> -	if (curl_http_proxy)
> +	if (curl_http_proxy) {
>  		curl_easy_setopt(result, CURLOPT_PROXY, curl_http_proxy);
> +		curl_easy_setopt(result, CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH, CURLAUTH_ANY);
> +	}

There was another attempt at doing the same very recently:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/191140

I could swear there was a second one, but apparently that was you.
Neither you nor Marco submitter have so far answered the question I
raised in

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/191155

which can be summarized as: please make a case -- and put it in the
message! -- for or against making this configurable.  Is there a speed
tradeoff?  (However, you could steal some of Daniel Stenberg's
reasoning!)

Note that Marco (the submitter in the first one) has told me privately
that he could not pursue this further right now, so I suppose he'd be
happy if you could finish it.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch