Subject: [PATCH v2] git-cherry.txt: Change symbol marks in graph.

From: Jari Aalto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 14:28:48 +0200

The common commit were marked with a minus sign (-), but that is
usually interpreted as something less or substracted. Use natural
equal sign (=). Commits that are not in upstream were marked with plus
sign (+) but a question mark (?) is visually a litle more striking
(erect) in context where all other signs are "flat". It also helps
visually impared to see difference between (= ... ?).

Signed-off-by: Jari Aalto <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-cherry.txt |   10 +++++-----
 1 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

    Revised:

    >> +in the <upstream> branch are prefixed with a equal (=) sign, and those
    >
    > "an equal"

diff --git a/Documentation/git-cherry.txt b/Documentation/git-cherry.txt
index fed115a..f49eded 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-cherry.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-cherry.txt
@@ -19,13 +19,13 @@ the 'git patch-id' program.
 Every commit that doesn't exist in the <upstream> branch
 has its id (sha1) reported, prefixed by a symbol.  The ones that have
 equivalent change already
-in the <upstream> branch are prefixed with a minus (-) sign, and those
-that only exist in the <head> branch are prefixed with a plus (+) symbol:
+in the <upstream> branch are prefixed with an equal sign (=), and those
+that only exist in the <head> branch are prefixed with a question mark (?) symbol:
 
-               __*__*__*__*__> <upstream>
+               _*__*__*__*__> <upstream>
               /
     fork-point
-              \__+__+__-__+__+__-__+__> <head>
+              \__?__?__=__?__?__=__?__> <head>

 If a <limit> has been given then the commits along the <head> branch up
@@ -34,7 +34,7 @@ to and including <limit> are not reported:
                __*__*__*__*__> <upstream>
               /
     fork-point
-              \__*__*__<limit>__-__+__> <head>
+              \__*__*__<limit>__=__?__> <head>

 Because 'git cherry' compares the changeset rather than the commit id
-- 
1.7.2.3