Subject: Re: [PATCH] asciidoc: add minor workaround to add an empty line after code blocks

From: Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:56:15 +0200

Jonas Fonseca (2008-10-30 11:45 +0100) wrote:

> Insert an empty <simpara> in manpages after code blocks to force and
> empty line.

>  This is an old issue reported by Theodore Ts'o and fixed partially in
>  commit 63c97ce228f2d2697a8ed954a9592dfb5f286338 for the URL section
>  of the fetch/pull/push manpages. I have fixed this in tig using an
>  approach similar to the attached. Simple and clean, but only tested
>  with docbook-xsl version 1.72 so I have made it conditional.

Thanks. Your patch seems to work and code blocks look much nicer now. I
tested command-line "man" as well as Emacs' "M-x man" and "M-x woman".
I'm using docbook-xsl Debian package version 1.73.2.dfsg.1-4.

Another kind of formatting issue exists with some other example
commands, like in "git rebase" manpage, for example. Not that I care
that much, but here's an example. The asciidoc source (git-rebase.txt)
contains:

    then the command

        git rebase --onto topicA~5 topicA~3 topicA

    would result in the removal of commits F and G:

In final manpage output it looks like this:

    then the command                               

        git rebase --onto topicA~5 topicA~3 topicA 
    would result in the removal of commits F and G: