Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] doc: replay: improvements like "mention no output on conflicts"

From: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2025 15:29:33 +0100

"Kristoffer Haugsbakk" <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Explicitly say that conflicts do not give any output. I found this a
>>> bit confusing with the current doc since I am used to other commands
>>> complaining loudly.

Yeah I agree it's unusual, and I'm considering to submit patches to
change that behavior. But for now, thanks for adding these docs changes.

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2025, at 22:58, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>>
>> All looked sensible.
>>
>> The second one looked a bit sketchy, but that was the phrase used by
>> the log message for c4611130 (replay: add --contained to rebase
>> contained branches, 2023-11-24).
>
> How should `--contained` be documented?

I understand it might sound a bit cryptic, if you don't have any prior
knowledge about this command. But on the other hand, I don't have any
good idea how you can document this in more detail. I think it's fine
like this.

Overall, I agree with these changes.

-- 
Cheers,
Toon