Subject: Re: Migrate away from vger to GitHub or (on-premise) GitLab?

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 17:49:24 +0300

Hans Meiser <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there any current discussion about moving Git development away from
> using a mailing list to some modern form of collaboration?

Yes, now there is (again).

> I'd like to be able to follow a structured discussion in issues and to
> contribute to the Git documentation, but the mailing list currently
> just bloats my personal inbox with loads of uninteresting e-mails in
> an unstructured waterfall of messy discussion that I am not able to
> follow professionally.

Did you consider to rather read the list through
gmane.comp.version-control.git nntp newsgroup?

This way you get only very specific mails in your mail-box, those where
you are explicitly CC'ed, and you usually get more support for
structuring from NNTP readers than from mail clients.

HTH

-- 
Sergey Organov