Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/15] [RFC] Upstreaming the Scalar command

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 02:59:03 +0200

On Fri, Sep 03 2021, Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget wrote:

> Changes since v1:
>
>  * A couple typos were fixed
>  * The code parsing the output of ls-remote was made more readable
>  * The indentation used in scalar.txt now consistently uses tabs
>  * We no longer hard-code core.bare = false when registering with Scalar

A summary of outstanding but unaddressed things would be useful during
re-rolls. In this case at least:

 - My point that the build system part of this is more complex than it
   probably needs to be:
   https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

 - My point & Junio concurring with some style suggestions:
   https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]

 - My minor style comment about the ", 1". Just saying it's
   "outstanding" because I think what you had & I just replied to in
   https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/ might
   have been a dismissal of the macro suggestion (which I don't like
   either), not just the simpler "get rid of init verbosity to all 1".