Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.20.0-rc1

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 21:54:46 +0100

On Wed, Nov 21 2018, Junio C Hamano wrote:

>  * "git rebase" and "git rebase -i" have been reimplemented in C.

Here's another regression in the C version (and rc1), note: the
sha1collisiondetection is just a stand in for "some repo":

    (
        rm -rf /tmp/repo &&
        git init /tmp/repo &&
        cd /tmp/repo &&
        for c in 1 2
        do
            touch $c &&
            git add $c &&
            git commit -m"add $c"
        done &&
        git remote add origin https://github.com/cr-marcstevens/sha1collisiondetection.git &&
        git fetch &&
        git branch --set-upstream-to origin/master &&
        git rebase -i
    )

The C version will die with "fatal: unable to read tree
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000". Running this with
rebase.useBuiltin=false does the right thing and rebases as of the merge
base of the two (which here is the root of the history).

I wasn't trying to stress test rebase. I was just wanting to rebase a
history I was about to force-push after cleaning it up, hardly an
obscure use-case. So [repeat last transmission in
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/ ]