Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 0/3] RUNTIME_PREFIX relocatable Git

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 23:15:00 +0200

On Sun, Mar 25 2018, Dan Jacques wrote:

> This patch set expands support for the RUNTIME_PREFIX configuration flag,
> currently only used on Windows builds, to include Linux, Darwin, and
> FreeBSD. When Git is built with RUNTIME_PREFIX enabled, it resolves its
> ancillary paths relative to the runtime location of its executable
> rather than hard-coding them at compile-time, allowing a Git
> installation to be deployed to a path other than the one in which it
> was built/installed.
>
> Note that RUNTIME_PREFIX is not currently used outside of Windows.
> This patch set should not have an impact on default Git builds.
>
> This is a minor update based on comments from the v6 series. If all's
> well, I'm hoping this set is good to go.

This looks good to me this time around, couple of small nits (maybe
Junio can amend while queuing):

 * You add a dependnecy typo in 2/3 but fix it again in 3/3. Should be
   squashed.

 * s/\Q${gitexecdir_relative}\E$// in 2/3 can be done less verbosely as
   s/\Q$gitexecdir_relative\E$//. Discussed before in
   https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
   seems like something you just forgot about.