Subject: Re: Subtree in Git

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 20:32:48 -0500

Daniel Koester <[email-masked]> writes:

> i am afraid my english is not sufficient enough to fully grasp your
> statement:
>
>> I also want to get at least one release under our belt.
>
> Could you please elaborate on this?

Sorry about my use of English idioms.  :)

I want to make sure that we get an official git release with subtree in
contrib/ before we move it to the top level.  That way, we've gone
though a whole test/release cycle and are fairly confident it all works
correctly.

> I too would very much like to use git subtree, especially with the
> changes from gith.com/helmo/git and recommend it to
> friends/colleagues once/if it is merged into mainline.

Oh, me too.  We have the same goals!

                          -Dave