Subject: Re: shallow clone, shallow fetch?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 10:54:12 +0800

Last week I did git-clone --depth 1 This week I wanted to freshen my
repository, with the same goal: "I don't care about history, just
fast forward me with the least bytes transfered." But all I can find
is just plain git pull. Did I achieve my goal?
$ git pull
remote: Counting objects: 7007, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (3057/3057), done.
remote: Total 7007 (delta 4280), reused 6076 (delta 3625)
Receiving objects: 100% (7007/7007), 2.96 MiB | 26 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (4280/4280), done.
>From git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git
   2fa431b..bbbb865  html       -> origin/html
   a9012e3..936b705  maint      -> origin/maint
   dfd79c7..794d84e  man        -> origin/man
   159c88e..c32f76f  master     -> origin/master
   3b9b952..6f67462  next       -> origin/next
 + b14a7fb...89bdc19 pu         -> origin/pu  (forced update)
Merge made by recursive.
 Documentation/Makefile             |    9 +++++----
 Documentation/RelNotes-1.6.1.1.txt |   23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 Documentation/cat-texi.perl        |    8 ++++++--
 Documentation/git-reset.txt        |   29 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 builtin-pack-objects.c             |    9 ++++++++-
 builtin-reset.c                    |   26 ++++++++++++++++++--------
 gitweb/gitweb.perl                 |    5 +++--
 t/t5302-pack-index.sh              |    1 +
 8 files changed, 92 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/RelNotes-1.6.1.1.txt