Subject: Re: Where man git-format-patch sends me?

From: Sergei Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:47:42 +0300

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Sergei Organov wrote:
>
>> $ man git-format-patch
>> [...]
>> OPTIONS
>>        -p     Generate patch (see section on generating patches)
>> 
>>        -u     Synonym for "-p".
>
> As you can easily see from Documentation/git-format-patch.txt, this part 
> is generated from the file Documentation/diff-options.txt.

Sorry, I did saw that, but it doesn't change anything.

1. As a user reading man git-format-patch, where do I find this "section
   on generating patches"? In another man-page? In the html
   documentation? On the moon?

2. I can't find "section on generating patches" in the man git-diff
   either, and I did say this in the part of my original message you've
   snipped.

So the main question remains: could you please point me to the exact
place in 'Documentation/' directory where this "section on generating
patches" resides?

-- 
Sergei.