Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/4] test-tool: split up "read-cache" tool

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 09:24:12 +0200

On Tue, Aug 24 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> If we're looking for things to clean up, I do like the conversion to the
>> parse-options API instead of reading argv ourselves, but probably
>> otherwise prefer the code as-is instead of split across many files.
>>
>> But I may be in the minority, and there may be others who do find the
>> split-up version easier to grok.
>
> FWIW, you're not alone.  I too like the use of parse_options, but I
> fail to be enthused by changes to churn the test helper binary.

I think it's an improvement as-is & would like you to pick it up, but I
understand if you disagree.

This series converts the code to parse_options(), but also changes the
perf test to not load config, and adds a --refresh option for a new perf
test.

I tried to make that readable all in one function, but I think it just
ends up being more of a confusing if/else jungle than the current
state.

I don't think I'm the right person to re-roll this in that way & argue
for it being an improvement when I don't think it would be.