Subject: Re: [PATCH] t5562: skip if NO_CURL is enabled

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:56:29 +0100

On Thu, Nov 22 2018, Jeff King wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 02:17:01AM -0800, Carlo Arenas wrote:
>> PS. upstreaming the PERL_PATH fix is likely to be good to do soonish
>> as I presume at least all BSD might be affected, let me know if you
>> would rather me do that instead as I suspect we might be deadlocked
>> otherwise ;)
>
> Yeah, the $PERL_PATH thing is totally orthogonal, and should graduate
> separately.

On the subject of orthagonal things: This test fails on AIX with /bin/sh
(but not /bin/bash) due to some interaction of ssize_b100dots and the
build_option function. On that system:

    $ ./git version --build-options
    git version 2.20.0-rc1
    cpu: 00FA74164C00
    no commit associated with this build
    sizeof-long: 4
    sizeof-size_t: 4

But it somehow ends up in the 'die' condition in that case statement. I
dug around briefly but couldn't find the cause, probably some limitation
in the shell constructs it supports. Just leaving a note about this...