Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 04/15] sequencer: introduce new commands to reset the revision

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 09:17:19 +0300

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> We disallow '#' as label because that character will be used as separator
> in the upcoming `merge` command.

Please consider to use # not only in `merge` and `reset`, but in the rest
of the commands as well, to unify this new syntax. I.e., right now it
seems to be:

pick  abcd A commit message
merge beaf # B commit message

I suggest to turn it to:

pick  abcd # A commit message
merge beaf # B commit message

So that the # is finally universally the start of comment.

While we are at this, I couldn't find any even semi-formal syntax
description of the entire todo list. Is there one already? Are you going
to provide one?

-- Sergey