Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] blame: large-scale performance rewrite

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 19:22:38 +0200

Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]> writes:

> Right, and JGit blame still is missing the -M and -C options, as I
> have not implemented those yet. I got basic blame and reverse blame
> working a few years ago and then stopped working on the code for a
> while. Now we have interest in improving the latency for $DAY_JOB, so
> I've been poking at the code again for the last week or so.
>
> But that -M and -C thing is still not implemented, and I know its
> going to be tricky to get right with the way the scapegoating is
> passed along.

Actually, for -M/-C it would be saner to rip open the whole xdiff
blackbox which internally goes to quite some effort in order to produce
the linear ordering of a diff, and then -M has to simulate dropping that
linear ordering requirement by doing a host of parallel diffs for each
chunk.

-- 
David Kastrup