Subject: Re: [PATCH] diff,difftool: Don't use the {0,2} notation in usage strings

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 22:30:41 +0100

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> My main argument against that would be that if we are planning on
> changing it to something totally different right now anyway, your patch
> will just end up making textual conflicts for Junio to resolve. :)

Right. I hoped you'd come up with a patch yourself, which now happend,
so, thank you. :-)

> Yeah, sorry to come in late to the discussion. I missed the other thread
> entirely. I think getting rid of {M,N} is fine. In general, your
> proposed replacement is better. It's just that in this case it seemed to
> be obfuscating a subtle point that the original syntax (as ugly and
> incomprehensible as it was) called out.
>
> So yes, go ahead with your coding guidelines patch. I'll summarize what
> Jonathan and I discussed with a new patch.

In that case the v2 [1] is still a valid review target, thanks.

Štěpán

[1] Earlier in the thread and here for anyone interested:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/160733