Subject: Re: help moving boost.org to git

From: Raja R Harinath <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 20:36:24 +0530

Hi,

Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am 7/5/2010 16:16, schrieb Eric Niebler:
>> I have a question about the best approach to take for refactoring a
>> large svn project into git. The project, boost.org, is a collection of
>> C++ libraries (>100) that are mostly independent. (There may be
>> cross-library dependencies, but we plan to handle that at a higher
>> level.) After the move to git, we'd like each library to be in its own
>> git repository.
>
> You could use svn2git: http://gitorious.org/svn2git
> KDE uses it to split its SVN repository into pieces. The tool is driven by
> a "ruleset" that specifies SVN subdirectories and revision numbers that
> make up a module.

I'm also involved in moving a large SVN project to git (the mono
project).  I have found and fixed several issues with svn2git

  git://gitorious.org/~harinath/svn2git/rrh-svn2git.git

- Hari