Subject: ab/config-based-hooks-N status (was Re: [PATCH v5 24/36] run-command: add stdin callback for parallelization)

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 13:03:38 +0200

On Thu, Sep 02 2021, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

Emily, there's a...:

> diff --git a/t/helper/test-run-command.c b/t/helper/test-run-command.c
> index 7ae03dc7123..9348184d303 100644
> --- a/t/helper/test-run-command.c
> +++ b/t/helper/test-run-command.c
> @@ -32,8 +32,13 @@ static int parallel_next(struct child_process *cp,
>  		return 0;
>  
>  	strvec_pushv(&cp->args, d->argv);
> +	cp->in = d->in;
> +	cp->no_stdin = d->no_stdin;
>  	strbuf_addstr(err, "preloaded output of a child\n");
>  	number_callbacks++;
> +
> +	*task_cb = xmalloc(sizeof(int));
> +	*(int*)(*task_cb) = 2;
>  	return 1;
>  }

Probably trivial to solve failure here in t0061-run-command.sh if you
compile with SANITIZE=leak. This failed in combination with my[1] (but
for anyone reading along, this patch has been ejected from "seen" a
while ago).

More generally: The equivalent of 01-07/36 of this series is being
merged into "next". As described in a plan to submit this topic
incrementally I was hoping to do 08-20/36 next, i.e. up to "run-command:
remove old run_hook_{le,ve}() hook API". See [2] for that plan.

You've been inactive on-list recently, it would be nice to time this so
that by the time it gets to 21-36/36 (which I was planning to split in
two per [2]) that you'd have time to review/help with outstanding issues
etc, for eventually re-submitting your "config based hooks" on top once
this all lands.

1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
2. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/