Subject: Re: progress test failure on fedora34

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:35:25 +0200

On Wed, Jul 14 2021, Fabian Stelzer wrote:

> Hi,
> The test t0500-progress-display.sh in current master fails on latest
> fedora34.
> The break was introduced with:
>
> 83ae1edff7ee0b7674bd556955d2cf1706bddb21
> ab/fix-columns-to-80-during-tests (2021-06-29) 1 commit
>
> Kind regards,
> Fabian

I have not been able to reproduce this, it seems the below E-Mail was
word-wrapped by your mailer, which is especially bad here since getting
to the bottom of this requires looking at the whitespace.

Is there a way you could tar that up and send it (to me personally is
fine, or some pastebin or whatever).

I am able to reproduce something that looks like this if I
s/COLUMNS=80/COLUMNS=79/g in the test-lib, but given that we set it to
80, and that the progress.c code just ends up with an
atoi(getenv("COLUMNS")), and we do our own wrapping (with no other fancy
logic) in progress.c, I'm not seeing right now how this could happen...