Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 07/20] reftable: reading/writing blocks

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 10:19:13 +0200

On Mon, Apr 12 2021, Han-Wen Nienhuys via GitGitGadget wrote:

> Includes a code snippet copied from zlib
> [...]
> +int ZEXPORT uncompress_return_consumed (

Pending the "how is this integrated?" question I had in
http://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked] it's a bit
odd to have a "compat" we unconditionally compile.

Since this is for post-2017 zlib doesn't putting it in top-level
compat/* and having a flag to enable it make more sense, and then not
renaming the function.

Thus those who need it will have a symbol conflict when they upgrade
their zlib to not need the compat wrapper, but that's a feature.

> +    Bytef *dest,
> +    uLongf *destLen,
> +    const Bytef *source,

I see this is modified from upstream's which would trip our
DEVELOPER=*-only -Wold-style-definition under -Werror. We have other
disabling of flags for compat/* already, seems better to use the
upstream source file as-is with that.