Subject: Re: git branch --merged and git branch --verbose do not combine

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 21:07:05 +0200

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> David Kastrup <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ ../git/git branch --merged --verbose
>> fatal: malformed object name --verbose
>
> Only at the very end of the command line if you omit something that
> is required, Git helps by defaulting the missing rev to HEAD.  You
> can be a bit more explicit in the middle, i.e. instead of asking
> "Which are branches that already has been merged in --verbose?", you
> can ask "branch --merged HEAD --verbose", meaning "What are branhes
> that already has been merged in HEAD, please give me a verbose
> answer?" perhaps?

This gives the same result as

git branch --verbose --merged

namely _only_ listing the current branch verbosely.  Use of --verbose
kills any effect of --merged: instead of branches merged to the named
branch (or to the default of HEAD), _only_ the named branch (or the
default of HEAD) gets listed.

So no.

-- 
David Kastrup