Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] xdiff: replace emit_func() with type-safe

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 10:28:17 +0200

René Scharfe <[email-masked]> writes:

> Commit ef2e62fe added the ability to bypass the creation of textual diffs
> and to access diff data directly, through the added emit_func member of
> xdemitconf_t.  This function pointer has a type of "void (*)()", because
> "int (*)(xdfenv_t *, xdchange_t *, xdemitcb_t *, xdemitconf_t const *)"
> (its real type) would be difficult to export due to the many internal
> types in that signature.
>
> This feature is currently used twice in git blame, through the function
> xdi_diff_hunks().  Both cases only need to know which lines are affected
> by the different hunks of a diff, i.e. the numbers shown in hunk headers
> of unified diffs.
>
> This patch series adds a simpler mechanism to accommodate these two
> callers, in a type-safe way, without exporting too many internal types
> of libxdiff.  The last patch removes the old functions.

Cool, thanks a lot, this will come in handy when I finally get around to
finishing log -L.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch