Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitk: make use of themed widgets where available

From: Pat Thoyts <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Feb 2009 09:24:40 +0000

Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]> writes:

>Pat Thoyts writes:
>
>>     This patch improves the appearence of gitk on Windows XP and Vista
>>     by making use of the themed widgets that are provided in Tk 8.5
>>     and above. For good Vista support 8.6 will be needed.
>
>Wow.  It'll take me a while to digest this.  Before I start diving
>into it, does gitk still work on Tk 8.4 with this patch?
>
>Paul.

Yes. It uses the variable 'use_ttk' to turn on the use of the themed
widgets and if this is unavailable (or an option could be provided to
turn it off explicitly) then only standard Tk widgets are used.

-- 
Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD