Subject: Re: expired key in junio-gpg-pub

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 21:44:46 +0200

On Tue, Sep 07 2021, Jeff King wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 02:20:42PM -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 02:12:53PM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
>> > Have you extended the expiration on it? I wasn't able to find any
>> > updates on the keyservers I checked. But regardless, we should probably
>> > ship an updated one via the tag.
>> 
>> You can get it from here:
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/kernel/pgpkeys.git/plain/keys/20D04E5A713660A7.asc
>
> Thanks! That fixes my problem. I do think we should update the in-repo
> tag. :)

Note though that when the in-repo tag is updated anyone fetching it will
need to update with --force, and anyone doing fetches of git.git will
see a non-zero exit code on their pulls and fetches without that.

This is due to my 0bc8d71b99e (fetch: stop clobbering existing tags
without --force, 2018-08-31). That change was meant to error on pretty
much this exact scenario...

But to be more gentle does anything rely on that specific name, or would
it perhaps be better to push a new junio-gpg-pub-2021?