Subject: Re: [PATCH v5] gitweb: redacted e-mail addresses feature.

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 00:45:44 +0200

On Thu, Apr 08 2021, Eric Wong wrote:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Eric Wong <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > As a data point, none of the homograph@ candidates I posted here
>> > on Mar 29 have attracted any attempts on my mail server.
>> 
>> That is an interesting observation.  All homograph@ non-addresses,
>> if a human corrected the funnies in their spelling, would have hit
>> whoever handles @80x24.org mailboxes.
>> 
>> I take it to mean that as a future direction, replacing <redacted>
>> with the obfuscated-but-readable-by-humans homographs is a likely
>> improvement that would help human users while still inconveniencing
>> the crawlers.  It may however need some provision to prevent casual
>> end-users from cutting-and-pasting these homographs, as you said in
>> your original mention of the homograph approach.
>
> Yes, exactly.
>
>> But other than that, does the patch look reasonable?
>
> I only took a cursory glance at it, but v6 seemed fine.

Ditto, I left a small nit comment about a needless /i in a regex, but I
don't think that needs a re-roll.