Subject: [PATCH] glossary: improve "branch" definition

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 23:05:51 +0300

The old phrasing is at least questionable, if not wrong, as there are
a lot of branches out there that didn't see active development for
years, yet they are still branches, ready to become active again any
time.

Signed-off-by: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/glossary-content.txt | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/glossary-content.txt b/Documentation/glossary-content.txt
index 090c888335d3..8bf198e72771 100644
--- a/Documentation/glossary-content.txt
+++ b/Documentation/glossary-content.txt
@@ -18,7 +18,7 @@
 	Untyped <<def_object,object>>, e.g. the contents of a file.
 
 [[def_branch]]branch::
-	A "branch" is an active line of development.  The most recent
+	A "branch" is a separate line of development.  The most recent
 	<<def_commit,commit>> on a branch is referred to as the tip of
 	that branch.  The tip of the branch is referenced by a branch
 	<<def_head,head>>, which moves forward as additional development
-- 
2.25.1