Subject: Patch-to-mail notes resurrected

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:53:42 +0200

Hi,

As some might remember, I made a script that writes notes (as in
git-notes) linking patches to emails back in 2009:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/109074

I resurrected this idea the other week, using a faster implementation
(the N command in fast-import is great!) and generating better links.
I am regularly pushing the results to

  git://github.com/trast/git.git
  git://repo.or.cz/git/trast.git

branches

  notes/gmane        a link to the gmane thread view, focused on this patch
  notes/message-id   the raw message-id

Point your notes.displayRef at one or both to use them.

It still fails to match some commits, so consider this WIP, but I think
it's quite useful already.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch