Subject: git-svn fails when svn.noMetaData is set

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 21:24:27 -0500

Run on git version 1.7.3. Analyzed the source code using commit
0b0cd0e0a2.

Steps to reproduce
------------------
1. Set svn.noMetaData to true globally.
2. Invoke git svn clone on an svn repository

What happens
------------
Fatal error: "Not a SCALAR reference at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 1457"

What I expect to happen
-----------------------
The clone to complete successfully

Analysis
--------
The problem seems to be line 1457, where the variable 'v' is
dereferenced and assigned a value --- $$v = $tmp ---- in combination
with line 118, where the value of the variable 'v' for the option
no-metadata is specified as a subroutine and, therefore, cannot be
assigned a value in the manner defined on line 1457. I believe the same
is true of other options that specify subroutines as their hash values.