Subject: Re: Newbie in Git. How to get back from last pull?

From: Miles Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:14:35 +0900

Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]> writes:
> I don't understand exactly what you want to do, but here are the
> basics- you can decide what you want to do.
> 1. Use `git reflog` to see a history of your operations.
> 2. If you want your working copy to switch to an existing commit, use
>    `git checkout <SHA1 of commit>`.
> 3. If you want to irreversibly destroy everything and switch your
>    working copy to a desired commit, use `git reset --hard <SHA1 of
>    commit>`. Use with care!

... and:  0. In "emergency recovery situations", _back up your whole
source dir (including .git subdir) somewhere else before screwing
around_!

E.g., "cp -a my_src_dir /somewhere_else/my_src_dir_backup"

-Miles

-- 
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a
single petitioner confessedly unworthy.