Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 02/17] object-store: rename `object_directory` to `odb_alternate`

From: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2025 15:18:22 +0200

Justin Tobler <[email-masked]> writes:

> That's fair. Between `odb_backend` and `odb_alternate`, I would probably
> still prefer the former, but ultimately I'll acclimate to whatever is
> choosen. :)
>
> -Justin

I feel you. But speaking as a non-native English-speaking person, I can
settle for "alternate" because I can still wire my brain to give it the
meaning we're using here.

But if you like another name, I want to steer away from "backend" as
well. As mentioned elsewhere, a "backend" sounds like an implementation
of an object database, not the instance of an odb. But I'm open to other
suggestions. I've been browsing thesaurus for a bit, unfortunately I
didn't find anything better.

-- 
Cheers,
Toon