Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-svn: Support svn:global-ignores property

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 09:42:20 +0100

Hi Aleksey

Thanks for your patch.  I added Eric Wong to the Cc list; all git-svn
patches should go to him.

Aleksey Vasenev <[email-masked]> writes:

> ---

Can you write a commit message?  If you need a guideline for what to
write there, consider this snippet from Documentation/SubmittingPatches:

  The body should provide a meaningful commit message, which:

  . explains the problem the change tries to solve, iow, what is wrong
    with the current code without the change.

  . justifies the way the change solves the problem, iow, why the
    result with the change is better.

  . alternate solutions considered but discarded, if any.

In particular, I'm curious about how global-ignores are different from
ordinary ignores.  After reading

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.advanced.props.special.ignore.html

I don't understand why the above document speaks of a "config area" that
holds the global-ignores configuration, while your patch seems to treat
them as "just another property" set in the same way as existing
svn:ignore.  How does this work?

>  Documentation/git-svn.txt | 12 ++++++------
>  git-svn.perl              | 46 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
>  2 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

Can you add a test or two?

-- 
Thomas Rast
[email-masked]