Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] gitk: Fix the geometry when restoring from zoomed state

From: Pat Thoyts <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Sep 2009 14:24:13 +0100

Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]> writes:

>Pat Thoyts writes:
>
>> The patch to handle the geometry of a restored gitk by Alexy Borzenkov
>> causes the position of the columns to creep each time the application
>> is restarted.  This patch addresses this by remembering the application
>> geometry for the normal state and saving that regardless of the actual
>> state when the application is closed.
>
>So this patch replaces Alexey's patch, then?  The context in your patch
>doesn't match the changes made in Alexey's patch AFAICS.

Correct. I posted a response to Alexy's patch saying I'd post an
alternative as I had trouble with the columns resizing and creeping
due to the assertion of 'wm state normal' during the settings save
each time.
See
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/128026/focus=128652
The context of mine should be the gitk repository master (was
c21398be).

-- 
Pat Thoyts                            http://www.patthoyts.tk/
PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97  10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD