Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] branch: allow deleting dangling branches with --force

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 21:12:24 +0200

On Thu, Aug 26 2021, René Scharfe wrote:

> - Added Reported-by and Helped-by.

Thanks, this whole thing looks good to me.

> - Made test independent of ref store.

Also thanks. Just my 0.02: I think even with v1 this patch is fine to go
in (but thanks for the re-roll!). I.e. under a full run of the testsuite
with reftable a bunch of things are broken currently.

It's not really that much more effort to just fix up code like in the v1
of this patch when we get to fixing those with the reftable integration,
and putting the onus on patch authors on testing that topic in "seen"
with their tests is probably not a good time investment overall
v.s. just fixing them in bulk later.

Particularly since in this case we can make it refstore independent,
since it's about a disappearing loose object, but in some other cases
it's either the whole test that needs to be skipped, or we'd be better
off with some helpers to produce the corruption in one way under
REFFILES, and in another way under !REFFILES....