Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2020, #02; Mon, 10)

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 11:15:50 +0300

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sergey Organov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Here is the patch you've asked for, separately, as I honestly believe it
>> does not belong to the series in question themselves. This is on top of
>> the series.
>
> Well, the tip commit's title being "add test for --diff-merges=off",
> testing it standalone as well as in different ways to combine with
> another option that potentially interacts with it would make the
> commit complete, I would think.

My point is that this set of commits is essentially "make
--diff-merges=on a synonym for --no-diff-merges", so it should only
include the same test(s) that exist for --no-diff-merges.

If new tests are to be added, they should have been added before the
series, or after them, with their own reasoning, I think. Yeah, not a
big deal, just a bit of perfectionism here.

Thanks,
-- Sergey