Subject: Re: Pull is Mostly Evil

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 11:56:46 +0200

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> Richard Hansen <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > These three usage patterns are at odds; it's hard to change the
>> > default behavior of 'git pull' to favor one usage case without
>> > harming another.  Perhaps this is why there's so much disagreement
>> > about what 'git pull' should do.
>> 
>> Should a screwdriver be turning clockwise or counterclockwise by
>> default?  There are valid arguments for either.
>
> If you don't have anything to contribute don't disturb the people that
> actually care and are trying to improve Git. Thanks.

No need to expand on the welcoming atmosphere here.  My heinous plot to
subvert the quality of Git has already been thwarted by making sure that
its "meritocracy" continues relying only on input from those with an
independent income.  I'm just sticking around until my current
contributions move into master so that I can summarize the resulting
low-hanging fruit that the meritorious can then pick at great fanfare.

The sooner my work moves from pu into master, the sooner y'all be rid of
me.

-- 
David Kastrup