Subject: Re: Recording the current branch on each commit?

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:14:50 +0200

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Well, there you have it.  The ones that do any kind of relevant change
>> are the ones that need thinking about and consideration.  And when you
>> are so verbose about them that
>> 
>> a) you are getting on people's nerves
>> b) nobody else finds something worth saying that you did not already say
>> 
>> then the net effect is that it feels to the person in question he's
>> mainly doing you (and not all that many others) a favor by investing
>> the work for properly considering it and its consequences.
>
> This is the last time I say it: this is demonstrably false.

Feelings are not categorizable as "demonstrably false".

> You claim that relevant changes can be made if the submitter is not so
> verbose (and less aggressive and what not).
>
> This is obviously not the case. Show me any change of importance done
> in the last two years, hell, make it four. And by change I mean
> something that was one way before, and was another way after.

The default behavior of "git push".  Colorized diffs.  "git add dir/"
can now remove files.  "git gc --aggressive" has been sanitized.

-- 
David Kastrup