Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC] blame: accept multiple -L ranges

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 19:42:49 +0200

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

>  (2) In the ranges "-L <anything>,/B/ -L /C/,<anything>", the
>      beginning of the second range is found by choosing C that comes
>      _after_ the end of the previous range (/B/ may choose either
>      the second or the 4th line, and the only C that comes after
>      either of them is the 5th line and that is where the second
>      range should begin, not at the beginning of the file).  The
>      same for "-L 1,3 -L /C/" (only C that comes after 3 is eligible
>      to be the beginning of the second range).

So passing several -L arguments does not blame the union of what each
argument would blame individually?  Doesn't that make it rather harder
to explain?

In any case, if you define it like that for blame, log -L should be
changed to match.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch