Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 00/10] Column display

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:25:56 +0100

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (10):
>   Add git-column for columnar display
>   Stop starting pager recursively
>   column: add columnar layout
>   column: add dense layout support
>   column: add column.ui for default column output settings
>   help: reuse print_columns() for help -a
>   branch: add --column
>   status: add --column
>   column: support piping stdout to external git-column process
>   tag: add --column

I ran valgrind over the tests in pu, and I'm seeing these errors
presumably coming from this series:

t3200-branch.out:==340== Invalid read of size 4
t3200-branch.out:==340==    at 0x48E676: shrink_columns (column.c:101)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x48EB76: display_table (column.c:200)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x48ED1B: print_columns (column.c:241)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x41967F: cmd_branch (branch.c:793)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x40550B: run_builtin (git.c:308)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x4056A6: handle_internal_command (git.c:468)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x4057C0: run_argv (git.c:514)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x40594D: main (git.c:589)
t3200-branch.out:==340==  Address 0x57023ac is 0 bytes after a block of size 60 alloc'd
t3200-branch.out:==340==    at 0x4C226FA: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:263)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x521A11: xmalloc (wrapper.c:35)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x48EAE8: display_table (column.c:193)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x48ED1B: print_columns (column.c:241)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x41967F: cmd_branch (branch.c:793)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x40550B: run_builtin (git.c:308)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x4056A6: handle_internal_command (git.c:468)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x4057C0: run_argv (git.c:514)
t3200-branch.out:==340==    by 0x40594D: main (git.c:589)

and very similar errors in t7004-tag.out, t9002-column.out and
t7508-status.out.  Can you look into it?

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch